1st 11 games revealed for console launching on October 27 in Japan
sega revealed on Friday that it is developing a Mega Drive Mini 2 console that will release in Japan on October 27. sega has not yet revealed if the console will release outside of Japan.
The console will include more than 50 games, including Mega-CD (sega CD) titles. The company revealed the first 11 titles that will be available:
- Shining Force CD
- Sonic the Hedgehog CD
- Yumemi Yakata no Monogatari (Mansion of Hidden Souls)
- Poppuru Mail (Popful Mail: Magical Fantasy Adventure)
- Virtua Racing
- Bonanza Bros
- Shining & The Darkness (Shining in the Darkness)
- Thunder Force IV (Lightening Force: Quest for the Darkstar)
- Magical Taruruto-kun (Magical Turtle)
- fantasy zone (a bonus title that was never released for Mega Drive)
The console will retail in Japan for 10,978 yen (about US$84).
sega will reveal more of the games in various follow-up announcements on June 24, mid-July, early August, and late August.
sega released the Mega Drive Mini console in Japan in September 2019, and in the US under the name sega Genesis Mini on the same day. Both versions of the console featured 42 games, although the games each console included differed.
The Mega Drive was sega‘s third console, and sega released the console in Japan in 1989. sega released the console in the same year in North America under the name sega Genesis. sega withdrew from the games console market in 2001.
Sources: sega livestream, 4Gamer (MU)